Monday, June 27, 2011

Drama part 145

Well, if one thing is sure, it is that Little Love's travel papers are a nightmare.  I had a long talk with the vet's office today and it was pretty frustrating.  After the conversation I was really freaking out because the way the lady put it, it seemed like I would have to call a vet out every time I changed countries.  Which didn't make any sense because one good thing about EU is that you don't have to do that. 

I called the Finnish transporter guy and told him what the vet said.  He laughed out loud.  I'm not kidding.  He told me to just let them make the papers the way they want to make them.  Then he told me not to worry.  According to him, once the horse is in the European Union and has a health certificate that is valid for ten days, she is set.  He should know, he transports horses for a living.  So, I'm just going to go with what he says and hope that my horse won't get stuck anywhere in Europe.  I guess we'll find out in a few days if that was a good idea or not!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you're getting through this, I feel like I'm getting ulcers just reading it. The transporter sounds confident, I hope for your sake he's right. That would help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Finnish transporter guy probably has the best information, as you said he does this for a living. Good luck with it all, at least you've done the best you could and you're prepared at your end with all the necessary papers, etc. I'd say this transporing process has been a cluster *#%!! to say the least!

    ReplyDelete